Monday, August 12, 2013

Back to School and Back to Work!

Today is the day!  The day that I sent my Lovelies back to school!  Ahhh...deep breath...long sigh!  You hear that?  I don't either!  Oh, I must sound a bit horrible to some of you.  I apologize for having frayed nerves, weary limbs, and an exhaustion that only comes with summer break.  Can I tell you I was so excited about getting them to school this morning, that when I finally got to the doctors office they took my blood pressure twice!  Why?  It was elevated!  Why?  From sheer elation!  If you follow me on Instagram (rhondaepeterson), you can see all of the pics and even a video I posted to commemorate the day!  All I can say is HALLELUJAH!!!
 





 
So what did you think of my office inspirations?  There is not a lot that I love more than organization and walls of inspiration.  It really doesn't even have to be a wall of inspiration; it can be a small space that is carved out specifically for it.  I really like organizing things into colorful bins, boxes, and magazine butlers in different height, shapes, and sizes.  It makes it more interesting to look at and honestly a little exciting to open up and look into.  I work from home, so I have fantasies about what my studio will look like.  I can't wait! 
 
I love how in some of these photographs you see, different patterned walls that are used as pin boards mixed in with magnetic boards and such.  I'm also really digging the idea of the clipboards where project inspirations can be hung in plain sight and yet still kept very organized.  But why stop there?  Introducing elements of home in lamps, unusual trays, trash bins, and furniture are a great way to make the work space a little more comfortable.  I mean, I for one work a lot better in an environment that is not so rigid and clinical.  Ugh!  It can be all white; although I highly doubt that will be my space, but so long as there is an air of softness; whether it be in the lines of the furnishings, upholstery, or accessories...just a little something to polish the edges!
 
 
Whatever it is that you have dreams of, take a small step towards it daily.  It could come in the form of reading self improvement books, talking with others who are doing what you'd like to do, setting goals that can be measured with reasonable timelines, or even day-dreaming.  I for one don't see anything wrong with day-dreaming!  It's actually during these times that I come up with the best ideas; God inspired ideas!  After all, He's the biggest advocate of all my dreams...
 
Make it AMAZING!
Rhonda
 
*All images and quote can be found via my Pinterest boards


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...